This guide reviews the various states or statuses a Hologram SIM is in. The state indicates whether or not the device is activated on the network. If you've used the Hologram Dashboard or REST API, you have likely noticed the
state value. This is used to indicate the state of the SIM with regards to the network.
Below are the values possible for
state in our REST API:
- INACTIVE: This one is implicit as looking up a SIM that has not been activated would return an empty JSON object
- READY or LIVE: This state indicates that your SIM is able to connect to the network, but not actively in a data session. You will see ready on the Dashboard and Live via the REST API
- PAUSED-USER: This state indicates that your SIM is in a user set pause
- PAUSED-SYS: This state indicates that your SIM is in a system set pause
- TEST-HIBERNATE: This state indicates that your SIM is in the Test Hibernate Preflight mode
- TEST-AUTOACTIVATE: This state indicates that your SIM is in the Auto-Activate Preflight mode
- TEST-ACTIVATE: This state indicates that your SIM is in the Test Activate Preflight mode
- DEAD: This state indicates that your SIM has been permanently deleted
Pending states are transitional state and indicate the state that a SIM is transitioning to. They are:
Your device may display as Connected on the Dashboard. This state indicates that your SIM is currently in an open data session with a cellular tower.
Note: There is no Connected state in the REST API like one can see in the Hologram Dashboard. This is because that information is derived from the