Hologram provides a service called Spacebridge that allows you to create secure authenticated tunnels to send data to a device with a Hologram SIM card connected to the cellular network. With device tunneling, you can send inbound traffic to any port on the device.
Enabling device tunneling using Spacebridge
- Before establishing the Spacebridge device tunnel, you must first enable tunneling for your SIM.
- From the Hologram Dashboard's Devices section, select the SIM that you wish to tunnel into.
- Select the Device tunneling tab and scroll down to the Device tunneling card. If tunneling isn't already enabled, click the Enable tunneling button.
- You may also enable or disable tunneling on multiple devices from the Active devices
page in the Devices section. Select which devices to configure, and select Manage > Enable tunneling (or Disable tunneling).
Note: You must also configure your network interface to support inbound connections.
Establishing a tunnel with the Spacebridge desktop client
- Download the latest Spacebridge client from our Downloads page.
- Extract the downloaded package and run the extracted application. The application will prompt for your API key, which you can find under the Settings section of your dashboard in the API page.
- You can then configure the devices and ports you wish to tunnel to. Each row corresponds to a separate tunnel; for basic usage, you'll configure a single row.
- A tunnel forwards all connections from a port on your local computer to a port on the remote device. For example, if you wish to log into the remote device via SSH, you must forward a local port to the remote port
22(the standard SSH port). To avoid ports already in use by your system's network services, always use local ports above
1024. In this case we'll use port
- Then select Done to start the tunnel. A new modal will confirm that the tunnel is open.
- Open an SSH client and connect to port
127.0.0.1). It may take a few moments for the routing to get established, so be patient if the initial connection fails.
Useful Command Line Arguments for Spacebridge Client
--text-mode-- Display all prompts as text on the command line instead of in a GUI.
--apikey-- Specify your Hologram API key on the command line.
--forward-- Specify a forward in the format
. You can specify this option multiple times. Use this in combination with
--text-modeto create a fully scripted tunneling setup.
--help-- Display additional options